Islamic Iran / Hezbollah in Latin America (Brazil objects sanctions)
Brazil objects sanctions – Islamic Iran / Hezbollah’s roots in Brazil (& Latin America)
|UN approves Iran sanctions [9 Jun 2010] … UN approves Iran sanctions. Twelve Security Council members endorse fourth round of sanctions against Tehran; Turkey and Brazil vote against proposal, Lebanon abstains; decision marks compromise between US demands, Russia’s and China’s conditions…|
Turkey? We all know that the current Islamic party’s Mr. Erdogan was looking for an excuse to go against Israel, especially since the Gaza operation, the Flotilla Jihad boat incident only helped him in his anti-Israelism campaign.
|Analysis: Erdogan’s harsh Israel rhetoric tests …2 Jun 2010 … The AKP emerged the leading party in local elections last year with 39 percent of the vote, … "Turkey is moving closer to an Islamic perspective with this government," …|
Turkey is calling for a jihad against Israel Joshua Teitelbaum …8 Jun 2010 … Turkey….. A party that has sunni Islamic roots…
The surprise might have been that Brazil was so involved and voicing against the sanctions.
The interesting part was that Lebanon, the home of Iran’s Hezbollah abstained while Brazil objected, Ever thought that Brazil would be more Islamic-appeaser than Russia and China, or worse, being on the opposite side of those nations on a radical-Islam’s issue?
We have to keep in mind that Arabs in Brazil have a "representation" of over 1.5 Million, mostly from Syria and Lebanon.
We all know how Hezbollah (like Hamas) is financed, by illegal snuggling, drug trafficking (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/67377) and blood diamonds… and also through donations by Lebanese merchants in Latin America and in Africa. (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/hizballah.htm)
Hence, from the fallout in the UN you can see the power of Iran / Hezbollah in Brazil, far greater than in Lebanon.
One expression of affinity with the Islamic world in recent years, came out in the form of a soap-opera (telenovela) called ‘O Clone,’ the Clone, which ran for a long time.
|(WSJ) RIO DE JANEIRO — As the world turns — possibly toward a clash with Islam — a prime-time soap opera on Brazil’s most popular channel has people hooked on the troubled romance between a Muslim woman and a Catholic man. Soon, people in the U.S. will have the chance to get addicted, too….|
‘O Clone,’ a Brazilian soap opera, stars a Muslim woman named Jade… The telenovela unfolds in Brazil and Morocco … (oclone.net/forum/index.php?tid=61&tpg=1)
Major Arab population in Latin America [many are in the textile, perfume business, and other]:
* Brazil (Rio, more than Sao Paolo, though the region Bras (for instance) is very heavy occupied by Arab merchants).
* Haiti. (Syrian Arabs, though the Haitians have seen little or nothing in aid from them…)
* TBA, Tri Border Area of Paraguay – Brazil – Argentina (famous Hezbollah base).
* Venezuela, many Arabs have financed Hugo Chavez.
* Colombia (especially in the region bordering with Venezuela).
* Between Panama (there was a Hezbollah linked 1994 bombing of an airline in Panama) & Costa Rica (some Hezbollah "activists" have used the central America line to enter the States (A.K.A. ‘Panama-CostaRica-Nicaragua-Honduras-ElSalvador-Guatemala-Mexico-US’, for instance, some Iranian Hezbollah tried to get into Costa Rica with Venezuelan passports… and we all know about Chavez’s passports issuing for Iranians, even Somalis have been caught in Panama’s Darien last year, trying to sneak in the area, in another time, some Somalis have been seen wondering-about in Tapachula – Mexico, P.S. Somali terrorists Islamists al-Shabab are allied with Hezbollah).
Note, though a large portion is Christian, yet:
A- Muslims still have a stronghold among the overall Arab population, (especially when they seek to come out as "Arab heroes." evoking Arab longing/tradition of Salahdin, keep that picture in mind and understand a Lebanese Arab’s willingness to support Hezbollah when approached…) B- Some "christians" care more about supporting Muslim issues than for any Christians anywhere, some have called them "IslamoChristians."
This is not to say that some Arab Christians are not real, honest and pro west.
Tags: Israel, Palestinians, Palestine, Muslims, Jews, Arabs, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islam, Islamic Jihad, UN, Lebanon, Iran, Arab lobby, Islamic Lobby, Ahmadinejad, somalia, Venezuela, Latin America, drug trafficking, blood diamonds, Lebanese, U.N., UN sanctions, TBA, Mexico, Latim America, central Amrerica, Rio, Bras, Brasil, Tri Border Area, Helen Tomas, Islamo Christians